Whether you are a complete fresher or even if you are looking for a job change, you have probably realized by now that searching for a job is no less than a full time job. In the present difficult economic times, it takes an immense amount of time, effort and planning in order to land the job of your dreams. But, with the right mindset and by working smarter and not harder, you can definitely make your job search much less of a pain.
Our consultants at Career Marshal suggest the following steps that can instantly accelerate your job search:
- Choose a job portal: A good job portal like Career Marshal offers you tons of job opportunities in all fields. We are one of the leading recruitment companies today having something for just about everyone. We strive to land the best possible opportunities for you so that you have an amazing career.
- Apply to a LOT of jobs: While it can be quite intimidating to apply for 20 jobs in one single day, but we find that it’s much better to throw as many fishing lines into the water as possible as you have more chances of catching something rather than nothing at all. The worst-case scenario is that you’ll have multiple job offers to choose from and who doesn’t want options these days. Although, if you wait a few days to apply to an open job, your resume and application might end up being lost under a pile of other potential applicants. When this happens, the recruiter may get enamoured with another applicant and may never even see your resume.You can increase your chances of landing an interview and a job offer by simply applying first, and submitting a flawless resume, and becoming the recruiter’s early favourite.
- Check the details carefully: When applying for a job, check the job description very carefully and also check the company. Then try to tailor your resume including keywords from the job description. This highly increases your chances of getting that interview call.
- Be consistent: You may be searching for a while now without any luck but just because you didn’t get that interview call doesn’t mean that you should give up. Continue your search and continue applying to opportunities that suit you best, you never know the best one could just be your next one. You may have to give up some of your precious time, but it will surely pay off and save you time somewhere down the road.
- Take advantage of Social networking: While you are at it, our Recruitment experts suggest creating social media profiles on Facebook and LinkedIn. These sites are now proving to be an essential tool in job search with the rise of the social media. A lot of recruiters now want to look at your LinkedIn profile to see your work experiences and credibility. Also, try to include their links in your resume so that the recruiters can see for themselves.
Also, a lot of job portals such as Career Marshal very frequently post jobs on their LinkedIn and Facebook pages. Thus, giving you a chance to be up-to-date with the latest job openings in your field. Who knew that connecting with your friends on Facebook could also land you a job!