More we hide, more it emerges. Always difficult to handle, most of the time impossible to tame, an intruder in our life and don’t let us express our self confidently. Yes, it’s the internationally notorious ‘NERVOUSNESS’. Almost half of our communication relies on our body language; it adds weight to our message. But if your body is unfolding your weaknesses, anxiety, you are in a real big problem. It’s very important to recognize them before you make your next mistake while facing an interview or doing an important discussion in a corporate meeting. With the help of experts of personality development at Career Marshal, we are presenting some common signs of nervousness which people show subconsciously when they are nervous.
– Blinking eyes frequently – According to studies, blinking eyes frequently means you are in stress, nervous or you are lying. It’s an automatic physiological response. So, it’s better to be cautious next time and yes, do not lie otherwise your eyes will tell the truth.
– Playing with hairs – Twirling your hairs repeatedly is another sign unleashing your low self-esteem and anxiety. Doing this frequently means the person is trying to calm down her/himself and look normal.
– You compress your lips – Compressed lips generally indicate psychological distress. It reflects the nervousness, hesitation, tension. Lying about something is another stimulator of this reaction. Next time you feel nervous, take a deep breath, calm down yourself and do not compress your lips.
– Touching your face – You might relate to this sign too. While nervous we touch our face again and again. When you squeeze your face, rub your forehead or push on your cheek it tells that something is making you anxious, tense, or insecure.
– Twisting hands – Many people interlace and squeeze their fingers, some crack their knuckles while rotating hands back and forth can also be seen as a permanent habit of some people.
– Rubbing skin of your hands – A situation of tremendous stress makes some people rub their hands. In fact, some people do it so hard until they bleed.
– Excessive yawning – Not very common but does exist as one of the signs of nervous behavior. According to researchers, it reduces stress. To tell you a stunning fact, even animals does this when they are in a stress situation. But why such odd behavior? According to a research, due to anxiety, the brain gets hotter and yawning helps in regulating the body temperature by bringing cool air into the mouth and the nose.
If you are also a victim of any of the above-mentioned habits, try to get rid of it and learn to calm down yourself. Although it is something you need to practice but honest, gradual and continuous efforts will help you come out of it. Try to find out the reasons which make you feel nervous, and then work on those factors. Regular sessions of personality development will help you get the control of your weaknesses in your hands. Before you lose any big chance, do something. After all, only you can make a difference in your life.